Thursday, February 11, 2010

Dublin, GA - Smooth sailing

Just to prove that my job doesn't suck all the time, allow me to state for the record that today was one of those rather rare days where everything went swimmingly. I made it to the consignee on time, was unloaded ahead of schedule, then headed to the shipper for my next load. I arrived more than an hour early and they still assigned me a dock, loaded me, and let me get on my way promptly. I scaled out and found I was just barely legal on the first try, drove another two hours, and proceeded to a truck stop that has exactly five parking spaces. Against all odds one of those spaces was open; I claimed it and have been parked here since lunchtime. I've an early afternoon appointment in Savannah, GA for my delivery, so I might have to get a slightly earlier meal than I might otherwise like, but the facility is only 120 miles from here and is located just off a major route so it should be trivial to find. Hopefully this trend of good days of driving will continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment